This Guideline Search lets you search a curated list of websites to find guidelines from the UK without having to scroll through pages of Google search results. It uses Google’s Programmable Search service so has a familiar feel to Google, but will give you more targeted results. The search features:
- Search a total of 312 websites which include:
- 214 NHS Trusts
- 18 regulators
- 69 professional bodies
- 8 government and national NHS sites
- 3 open access journal databases
- Search by topic such as asthma, keywords will automatically be applied to retrieve only guidelines
- Use the tab features to search by source types or document type
- Use Google standard sort features to sort results by relevance or date (note date sort relates to date of website creation or alteration)
Please note: Because the search is powered by Google, you will see ads at the top of your list of results. Simply scroll down to find results of interest.
The idea for this search was originally investigated in the Knowledge and Library Service at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, but has been developed at the Knowledge and Library Service of South Warwickshire University NHS Foundation Trust and George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.